Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Relief Society Retreat

    On friday, relief society had a overnighter at Bishop Taddei's cabin in Heber!! It was so gorgeous! It was the little break I needed from this very stressful week. I am so happy girls came. It was a great way to get to know some more of the girls! We have some pretty awesome people in relief society. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know them this weekend.
    We painted our nails and laughed A LOT. And by A LOT I mean constantly! We all had such a fun time. After, we went upstairs and had a mini devotional from our bishopric. It was so good. Brother Ruff said that the girls that are already strong in the church need to form circles. But instead of circles with everyone facing each other, we need to  have our backs turned in. Why should our backs be turned toward the circle? So we can reach out to those and bring them into our circles. It was a creative way to say we need to be aware of others and bring them into our "circles." Bishop also said a couple great things. First, he had a can of beats and asked who liked them and wouldn't mind eating them. (obviously there was very few hands, because most people dislike them with a passion) Of course I raised my hand cause I am one of the few who actually likes them. Melissa raised her hand also, and was asked to open them and eat some.  When she opened them, they were filled with peaches. That followed with, before we judge someone with what looks like a bitter or dull personality, we need to get to know them first, because they may be sweet like peaches. He had us listen to a song called "You make everything glorious" What he wanted to have us hear was "He makes everything glorious, and I am yours. What does that make me?" That made me think and it's true. Out of all the things He has made, we are most special and unique. The bishop related it to Toy story, when Woody looks down at his foot and sees Andy's name. But there is one part in the movie where Andy's name had been rubbed off his shoe. We should always want to have the Saviors name printed on our hearts. And when we don't we should feel empty as Woody did. When he said that it hit the spot. 
    The next morning I went on a four wheeler drive for the first time ever with Jess, Kaitlyn, and sammy. It was awesome. I hope one day I can own a cabin and have quads and have family gatherings. It's just so gorgeous. I know I have my goals up high. Hopefully I bring in the dough. Haha. Also, we did Yoga that jessica put on, I really liked it too. Overall it was a great weekend



1 comment:

  1. If anyone would be great at including others and seeing needs, it's you. Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete